WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fresh blessings overflowing!

   Today seeing little Brian holding his cup up for me gave me the idea for today's topic!  I don't know why I am fighting against this being a song theme since another song just popped into my mind that goes perfect here so I won't fight it.  "Fill my cup LORD, I lift it up LORD . . . Bread of Heaven feed me till I want know more, fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole. " 
   A few years ago I was speaking for a youth retreat and I was talking about "our cup of blessings."  I showed them a cup filled to the very top. One drop would make it overflow.  I explained to them that they could keep those blessings for themselves or share them with others - but, I reminded them that GOD could only fill their cup until it overflowed.  It takes FAITH to believe if you share your blessings with others until your cup is empty that GOD will fill it again!  But, unless the cup is emptied ~ the blessings in the cup will become old and worthless.  Even if you half empty it - fresh blessings and old blessings become stale quickly and not a blessing at all.
   For me today LIFE is: sharing the blessings GOD gives me with others knowing GOD will fill my cup again.  
  How's your cup? Fresh blessings or stale? Afraid to take that leap of faith and empty your cup?  Take a leap with me today! You'll be blessed!

LIFE is GOOD! Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment