WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Saturday, March 5, 2011

"HE AIN'T HEAVY - he's my brother!

Sometimes the burdens of life really begin to weigh me down. I often forget that GOD has offered to partner with me in that burden when HE says: "take my 'yoke' upon you and learn of me . . . you will find rest for your soul'" We are not alone! And we can also help shoulder each other's burdens!
I love that old song - "He Ain't Heavy - He's My Brother! That song was one of my favorites back when I became a Christian (42 years ago). Wow! That's a long time. And GOD has been helping me carry my "burderns" (sometimes carrying me and my burdens alone), all that time.
For me today: LIFE is remembering how easy the journey can be when we help carry one another's burdens. I was reminded of that when I saw the kids playing tonight and some rode on the backs of others. PRICELESS!
Did you help someone carry their burden today in some way? Did someone help you. If not, as Mary Rose Dow would say: "Get to gettin'!" LIFE is GOOD! Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment