WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Seek and Ye shall find!"

   When I took this picture I couldn't help but wonder what this child was looking for around the corner. I wondered if it would bring joy or sorrow?
Then I remembered: "Seek and ye shall find."  The Word of GOD encourages us to "Seek, knock & ask!" When we "seek" we will find!  When we "knock" the door is opened.  When we "ask" it will be given to us!
   For me today LIFE is: knowing that GOD loves me and that HE has plans to bless me. There are times when I am lacking something because I did not "seek, knock, or ask."  I decided I will just do it on my own.  Why? Pride!  I don't need the help of someone else - "I can do it myself."
   Have you ever thought like that?  "I don't need mom and dad to help.  I can do it on my own.  While there is nothing wrong with being responsible, and working hard to provide for our wants and needs, GOD wants us to know that HE wants to bless us.  We can come to HIM with our requests for help. 
  I encourage you today to remember to "seek, knock, and ask."  For what?  Wisdom, knowledge, understanding, faith, hope, love, patience, forgiveness!  Oh, you thought I meant "seek" money, material things etc.  Well, GOD may also grant those things.  But, I am also reminded to "Seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteous" and GOD promises to take care of everything else.  Trust HIM!

LIFE is GOOD!  Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment