WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thoughts about Noah

I took this picture when we crossed the desert in Kenya
   A few days ago we were crossing the desert on our way to Nairobi and we came upon a group of baboons. I love these creatures even though they can be quite dangerous.  I have had several encounters with them over my years traveling to Africa. Seeing them made me think first  of a movie I saw recently about a "modern day Noah".  But then I thought about the real Noah.
   Imagine being Noah and given the task of building an Ark when he was nowhere near water.  The people laughing and making fun of him. And imagine all those animals? At times - the things GOD is asking me to do seem almost as strange and people even laugh at me when I attempt them, believing I can actually do them.
   For me today LIFE is: Knowing that GOD has a plan to help me do the things HE calls me to do, no matter how impossible or rediculous the task may seem.  Even if HE told me to build an Ark, I would start gathering wood.
   Does the task ahead of you seem impossible?  Do you feel liike a fool for even thinking of doing it?  Well, I encourage you to stay on the path.  Don't move to the right or to the left.  And when you get tired, REST!  GOD will see you through.  If HE called you to do it - it will be done.  Just keep pressing ahead. 
   Today is a GOOD day to be obedient to GOD!

LIFE is GOOD! Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment