WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Monday, March 7, 2011

JOY that goes beyond simply being happy


   I was thinking today about the days when I am not so happy about the situation or circumstances I am facing yet deep in my heart there is "JOY". As a Christian, I have JOY in my heart even when happiness seems almost non-existent.
   For me today,  LIFE is: knowing that JOY is not based on how happy I am about things but, WHO I know lives in me!  The JOY of the LORD is my strength.  (ooops - I feel a song coming on again).  Of course that song is based on scripture.
   So what about you today?  Are you happy? Do you have that  JOY.? When I was a young Christian someone told me to really understand JOY I must break it down to . . .   J -O -Y   J = Jesus  O = Others  Y = Yourself. WOW!  When I put Jesus first, others next and me last, my JOY is complete. 
   That's my prayer for you today.

LIFE is GOOD!  Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment