WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Friday, March 11, 2011

The Power of Prayer!

   Today has been quite an emotional one for me. It was my last day with the students and faculty of Dow Christian Academy in Kapsiratet, Kenya.  After nearly eight weeks as their chaplain on this journey I have grown to love them so much.
   At the end of our daily worship and prayer time - "mom" had all the kids gather around me, kneel and pray for me.  What a powerful experience that was! There is such power in prayer.
   For me today LIFE is: knowing that there are people all around the world praying for me on this mission that doesn't end when I leave Kenya on Tuesday.  It continues in South Africa, Swaziland, the USA and Nicaragua before I begin a sabbatical the beginning of May.
   Have you experienced the amazing things that happen when people pray for you? Are you in need of prayer?  Don't be afraid to ask someone to pray for you.  Today, I prayed for so many people in so many places.  Why? Because GOD answers those prayers.  Our heavenly Father is honored by our requests.
  Today I pray that GOD will bless you - even as you read this.  Pray for someone today!

LIFE is GOOD!  Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment