WELCOME!

I am so glad that you dropped by my blog. If you are looking for words of encouragement, you will find them here. Each post will be some thought I have about LIFE and what I am learning along the way. Maybe it will inspire or challenge you too. ~Pastor Chris



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stop and smell the roses.

   Several years ago I had a friend who was one of the best motivational speakers in the country.  His name was Ray Pelletier. His company was called January 1st.  Ray's thing was . . . everyday is January 1st.  You don't have to live today according to what happened yesterday! You can start fresh. 
   At Ray's big corporate conferences he would have a dozen roses put in each of the participants rooms. Later in one of his talks he would ask how many people took time to "stop and smell the roses!"  I love that!  Ray went home to be with the LORD a few years ago but every time  I see a rose (or any flower) I think of him, then I stop to appreciate them. I have hundreds of pictures of them.  I took this one this morning after chapel at Dow Chrisitan Academy.  I couldn't pass this up. It's just too beautiful!
   I'm curious?  When is the last time you "stopped to smell the roses", look at a sunrise or sunset, listen to the birds sing, or watch the rain fall? Do you notice the beauty GOD created all around you - just for you?
   For me today LIFE is: Realizing the need to slow down - yes, even come to a complete halt - and pay attention to things I've missed along the way.  To listen - rather than speak.  To give without thought of receiving. To smile even when I don't feel like smiling.  And most of all to thank GOD for all the things I often take for granted! 
   As I write this there is a cricket in my room!  He's (or she's) loud!  I am hoping when I go to bed in a few minutes the cricket will also go to bed.  But, I am thanking GOD for that cricket right now.  If you read my Online Journal for today however - you would laugh. I won't tell you, go and check it out.  KENYA Week 7  (Wednesday - March 9 - "JUSTICE!")
   A challenge for today: Stop, look and listen for GOD in the simple things you might otherwise miss.  Enjoy them and give thanks to the GOD who made them just for you!

LIFE is GOOD!  Just do it!       What to know about Ray Pelletier?

No comments:

Post a Comment